Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's hot as HADES out there..

Whew!  I walked outside this morning to help my mom carry in groceries and almost told her to do it herself, bc it was sweltering outside.. and it was only 10 am.. but, of course, I didn't say that and did it.. HOLY COW!  How do people get their booties out there and walk or even run in this heat?!  I was reading Joanna's blog a few days ago and it was like a lightbulb went off in my head!  I'm a big fan of Spring and Fall weather.. just enough of both sides of the weather spectrum in those seasons that I don't get to be too lazy bc of temperatures.. Winter, I can even get out in that, bc like Joanna said, it's easier to get warmer than it is to get cooled off..

Summer?!  THIS summer?!  Don't even get me started, bc I'm sure it'll sound just like anything you've thought during the past few months.. lol.. I've used this weather as an excuse multiple times to get out of going outside to workout.. Hell, I can literally look out my window and see the lake I live by, so it wouldn't be too much trouble to go walk for a little bit.. but even going those few 100 feet to get there is like breathing water.. ugh!

But no more!!  Friday, I joined the gym!  Today, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the treadmill!  Oh, treadmill how I have missed thee.. lol.. air conditioning, sweat dripping down my face, humidity-free air in my lungs.. woohoo!!

BTW, if you don't follow/read Joanna's blog, Diary of a Mad, Fat Woman, you really should.. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh...thanks for the shout-out.

    I have slacked off BIG TIME this summer... but with the stress of not finding a job, it being 108 degrees outside/ 90 degrees inside... I just haven't felt like doing ANYTHING.

    That will change in a few weeks, though... I'm sure of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I have been getting sick and tired of working out inside! I want to go out and run outside but it's just TOO hot!

    ReplyDelete