Friday, August 12, 2011

Finding Who I Am.. Week One

Well, after realizing that I have no idea who I am as a person, I have made some big strides in getting back into the things I enjoy..  Here's just a few of them from this past week..

** I love reading!  Not just any kind of reading, but I love to read supernatural romance books..

Spirit Bound (A Sea Haven Novel)Retribution (Dark-Hunter)Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)


I just finished "Retribution" in two days.. I love when I get that into a book.. And I haven't done that in so long, for some reason or another.. Well, no more.. I will make sure I read more from now on.. :)


** I broke out my sewing machine again!  After having to stow it away in my closet because I haven't used it in forever, I decided to bring it out again and start working on stuff that I wanted to make, but never got to.. Sewing is not something that has to take a big lump of time, it's something that I can do with small lumps of time.. So I plan to start sewing again.. :)

** After watching a Switched At Birth marathon on ABC Family (I missed the whole season so I DVR'd it earlier this week) and realizing that I was doing some of the signs during the show, I've decided to get back into learning American Sign Language..  I've got the books, I've even got an app from when I was teaching the kiddos I watched sign language.. I figure if I can take some time out of each day to sign a little, it'll be easier.. :)

** The majority of my problem finding myself is my wardrobe.. The majority of it is from high school/college years.. And while there is nothing wrong with that during the time I stay at home, I should not be going out of my house everyday in stuff that isn't fashionable in some way.. Sorry, chics, but Phi Sig shirts only look cute for so long.. I'm starting small by breaking out my cute headbands, seeing as I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe right now (or even a pair of pants.. lol)..

Well, that's all I've really worked on this week, but it's a lot.. Hopefully I'll have some more to brag about next Friday.. :)




















2 comments:

  1. I need to work on "getting back to me" too. Between work, bills, and putting everyone else's needs before me...it seems I never have time for myself or to do the things I enjoy. It's time I start making myself a priority more often. Thanks for sharing girl!

    Rachelle
    the-weights-over.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with paranormal romance novels too! I'm the dorky almost 30 yr old that has read the Twilight series a couple of times. I really really love the Sookie Stackhouse series that True Blood on HBO is based off of.

    ReplyDelete