Sunday, November 11, 2012

My First {Mushy} Meal

As I sit here eating my first mushy meal, Weight Watchers Maple Brown Sugar oatmeal, with 1/2 scoop of BodybyVi Vanilla protein powder (should have put 2 in it), I'm realizing that I'm basically going to be eating 2-3 bites of everything for now.. which is really going to make me mad, bc I'm definitely not okay wasting that much food..

Oh, and did I mention that my food scale bit the dust?! Yep, I'm supposed to eat a certain amount (or eventually get up to that amount) and I now can't measure that way.. so I guess until I get another one, it's measuring the old fashioned way.. with TSP's and TBSP's.. lol

On a very happy note, I'm down another 3 lbs since yesterday.. I checked it 4 times because I almost fell off the scale the first time (hey, I was just waking up! lol) and it said 259.4, so I weighed 3 more times and it stuck with 258.0.. so I'm ecstatic.. Also, I think my pain pump is almost done.. I'm going to have my mom look at it later today (as she should remember what it should look like).. Oh, and another good thing, I CAN LAY ON MY SIDES AGAIN!!  My left side still hurts a little, but if I curl up in fetal position, it doesn't hurt that bad..

The fun (not so much) part of starting out with mushy foods is that I have to train myself to not drink for 30 minutes after I'm done eating.. Bc if I do it too early, my body will dump all the food and drink that I just had, and that my dear readers is not pleasant.. If you'd like to know what I'm talking about, bc I'm not gonna go into details, check out the Mayo Clinic's definiton..  It's supposedly not pretty.. :(  And I'd definitely like to avoid that..

My plans today include: making white chocolate SF pudding with tons of protein powder in it; seeing about my pain pump (and hopefully taking it out, yes by myself), cleaning up a little (because my recuperating butt has been a little TOO lazy) and definitely going for a walk..

Happy Veteran's Day, to all the Veteran's and your families!  I am grateful to each and every one of you for your sacrifices to keep our country safe.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment