Saturday, January 26, 2013

Reflections..

I've been doing a lot of thinking recently.. Well, prolly since the new year started.. And I think that's normal, right?!  

Since starting this blog, and my previous one too, I've been trying to lose this blasted weight I've gained.. Well, now that I'm losing it steadily (and no gains!!  woohoo!!), I'm starting to focus a little more on my life in general.. Because outside of work, I truly have no hobbies anymore.. 

** I used to sew, and was hoping to get a second income out of it, but thanks to my actual second income, that's dropped to the wayside..  Hopefully, once I get a room where I can just sit for a couple hours (because anyone that crafts knows that you can't just sit for like 15 minutes and craft, it's more like 2-3 hours) and not worry about wasting time cleaning up my project..

** I'm hoping I can start getting into reading again on a regular basis.. We all go through spurts of activity, and I'm no exception.. I can read four books in a day, and then not pick up another one for two months.. lol.. I'm sure others relate to this..

** In my heart of hearts (what exactly does that mean?? lol), I'd really love to bump this blog up..  But I don't know what to do to get more readers.. And then again, I really just miss the constant comments.. I love reading feedback, even if I think I deserve harsh comments sometimes..

But outside of reading, going on Pinterest, and sewing, I don't know what else to try.. I need to get out of my house, and find some people to socialize with.. even if it's for an hour.. :)   

I know I've asked this before, but any suggestions on possible hobbies?  Any ideas are welcomed.. 
  

6 comments:

  1. hi! just found you! I'm in the same boat. Especially with football (TV watching) over. I have a Kindle, and I need to use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hobby is crocheting. I do it in the evenings and on weekends when I'm just sitting in front of the TV. It keeps my hands busy, so they won't wander in to bags of snacks.

    As far as the blogging goes, I know that I lost a lot of my commenters when I switched from a weight loss blog to a regular ol' journal type blog... but now that I'm losing weight, again, I have started to pick up some momentum again.

    Being that I've been blogging for 4 years, I can tell you that you have to give love to get love. People read their comments, and then it makes them go to the blogs of those people. Other people also read the comments - so you get some exposure when you frequent blogs with comments. Also, you need to be more consistent with your writing. People tend to interact with bloggers that blog a few times a week, rather than once a week or a couple times a month.

    Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Internet just eats hobbies, doesn't it? I mean, you're doing something you enjoy and filling your mind with things you think are beautiful and interesting (I'm a Pinterest FIEND) but the difference is at the end you have nothing to show for it. So I have no suggestions for hobbies. My blog is my hobby and you already have one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand! I feel like I've never really HAD hobbies.. I've always overloaded myself in school/volunteering/work that I don't have time for myself! I like to think of my volunteering as my hobby though... I really do enjoy it!

    I'd like to take up something musical.. I have my ukulele and I've learned a few songs, but I'm just so impatient!

    Have you thought of trying something musical/artsy? I feel like painting could be fun toooo :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I JUST started sewing again. It's been over 20 years since I sewed. I pulled out the sewing machine and signed up for an ecourse to get some little projects under my belt. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need a hobby too. Problem is, by the time I get home I just want to go to bed! I love reading but don't make time for it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete