Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 1..

Well, while this should have been happening on the 1st of June, I'm glad it's happening at all.. So, it's officially day 1 of my re-start.. and I've decided to be smart about the Dukan Diet and bought the book to make sure I do it correctly.. so as of right now, I'm doing the Atkins Diet Induction to start losing weight..  After noticing that I was eating WAY too much carbs in a day, I knew I needed to cut them out to get them out of my system..  I hope you will support me while I attempt to do this my way.. :)

I have enough meals waiting for me to keep me going to about a week (that's when turkey sausage and tuna fish will become SERIOUSLY gross to me.. lol), and instead of the daily salad, I will be subbing that with cabbage.. I can't do salad on a daily basis.. I don't like it enough.. While I am going to try to do a salad at least once a week, I hope to bump this number up as I continue this.. :)

So I had my dad help me with my measurements, and have done a spread sheet like I saw Sabrina use a while ago.. thanks, Sabrina! :)  As soon as I weigh myself in the morning, I will post it on my Weight Statistics page..  and of course, post about where to find it once it's up.. :)  My body fat percentage is being calculated by the Navy standard, in case anyone cares.. lol

Well, I'm off to bed.. crossing my fingers I haven't gotten to 250 in the past 10 days.. eek!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you will succeed with Dukan I see many people stop after 2 weeks. I think you need to take everything you know from diets and fitness and create a plan that works for you. For example my breakfast everyday is mostly proteins, I use egg whites and low carb tortillas. I also allow myself a 8 oz cup of grapefruit juice. If I'm adding any meat I use turkey or add fresh mushrooms. I allow myself 1 day a week where I can cheat and eat anything...

    On fitness I do cardio 3 days a week for 20 minutes AND I also do weigh lifting 3 times a week for 30 minutes. If I miss a work out that's fine but I'm there the next day. On my cheat day I do not work out- it is a rest day. I think this is enough exercise to mantain good health without doing long term damage to knees etc...

    I've been doing this for a year and I've lost close to 40 lbs... the key is to make it a routine and on average it takes 3 months to get used to something, think of it as taking a shower- you have to do it everyday.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your stats page Sarah. That's a great way to keep progress and in a weird way it's also quite motiviating seeing your stats improve.

    Good luck, you can do this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete