Thursday, March 22, 2012

Seething Mad..

Those two words in my title express my anger really well right now..  I just got back from court and I can't believe how screwed up Scott County is.. I'm in the same court room as people who owe over $3000 in rent and criminals.. All because a company couldn't bother to waste some paper to send me a bill over the past two years?!  REALLY?!

I get there 15 minutes early...............
8:30am rolls around, no judge..............

Of course, I've only had one experience with judges/trials, and compared to this one, the last one was great!
After all the civil cases were gone through (not including mine and 2 other people for the same company), they proceeded to tell us that "they talk to you out in the hallway and she's already been here and left"..  Which means that it was put into a default judgement.. Why is it so hard for people to look into the courtroom and make an announcement that they are looking for certain people?!  The other court did it, so why can't they?!  So I had to walk across the street (which isn't the point, mind you) and basically be talked to with the other 2 people standing right there..

Of course, I was so pissed by now that I just wanted to get it over with.. no arguements, just sign the papers and agree to payments..  which I am now regretting.. DAMN IT!  I wish I had just stuck to my guns about going to trial to get the interest down bc of lack of paperwork on their part..  So I am now paying $25/month until the $600-some odd is gone..  yay me (insert sarcasm)..

Did I mention that I've been awake since 4pm yesterday?!  Yeah, I'm one big bundle of hapiness right now.. lmao.. I'm off to take a nap and then do some gardening.. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just a suggestion, but I would pay a year then call to see if they will take half of what you owe if you pay it in a lump sum. Most collection agency's will accept that.

    ReplyDelete