I was thinking about doing an Atkins style 'diet' to get away from the carbs.. And then I saw something on Instagram about something called #whole30.. After doing my research, I have decided that this sounds like a good idea for me..
With the #whole30, you go WITHOUT the following things in your diet:
* no sugars, real or artificial (except a small amount of fruit juice as a sweetener)
* no alcohol
* no grains
* no beans (except green beans, sugar snap peas or snow peas)
* no soy (which is in A LOT of things, surprisingly)
* no dairy (except clarified butter or ghee)
* no white potatoes
* no MSG, sulfites, or carrageenan
* no 'Paleo-ifying' baked goods, desserts or junk foods
AND no weighing in or doing measurements during the whole 30 days.. Which I've already screwed up.. Lol.. But won't do it again..
What you CAN have:
* fresh meats
* fish (canned or fresh)
* coconut oil and aminos
* some nuts and seeds
This 'diet' is something I started on the 1st and will finish the week before I leave for Disney.. This month will be an interesting one, as I'm only 3 days in and I'd kill for a candy bar right now.. But I've been told it goes away.. I plan to do weekly recaps on here, and daily ones on Instagram, so check back..
Talk to ya soon!! :)